Composing A short video and a poster

< A front page of a poster, A back page of a poster >

Screenshots of a short video

Rationale

The purpose why I’m making these two genres because I feel like I need to raise the awareness of everyone about using plastics. I’m not saying like using plastics is bad, but we should try to use it as less as possible, or recycle it if they are recyclable. I want my two genres to help non-profit organizations by spreading the facts and story of sea creatures who have been suffering from our hands. My audiences is everyone, but I aim for teenagers and middle age people the most since it’s easier to get in touch with them by using internet or social medias. Moreover, I think a brochure, a poster, and a short video won’t take too much time to understand and to read. I want to present my two genres by using eye catching and heart touching images to my audiences, but I have to use impactful sentences and words at the same time. I should also keep them as short as possible since my specific audiences may not pay attention to my works if it takes too long to get into. Moreover, my audiences are not very well aged people, they tend to like something like catchy images or a video, so I decided to make these two.

After I decided to make a short video and a poster, I was thinking that my short video has to be very straight forward, but for my poster would rather be a image-heavy poster rather than a graphic poster. My video should look like a 10-15s video, it should not be too long in order to reach out my audiences. My strategy for this would be a poster which asking for sympathy by using model creatures that have been affected by pollution. That’s why I always use sea turtles on my assignments because sea turtles and whales are the two creatures who have been suffering the most. Most of the studies says they have died from plastics every year, and the rate is increasing. I used landfills images which are filled with plastics and garbage from all over the world. I believe keywords that I used in the video and a poster would encouraged people to stand against using plastics. I also included an example from a research in order to make it clear. I believe my pieces of work might make my audiences feel cautious. I think my topic is very sensitive because people may think that they do not live close to the oceans, so they are doing just fine but the fact is that people and creatures are suffering from our actions even you did or did not do it. We still should help or contribute to recycling or using as less plastics as possible. I also believe if my pieces of work reach my audiences and they continue to tell their friends about the plastics. That would be the best case for me to speak out for non-profit organizations.

Reflection

As my two genres are a poster and a short video. I have made few decisions which I think it would benefit me to reach out my audiences. I want to reach out to the teenagers who still have no idea about the single use plastics. As I continue using images of sea turtles to raise the awareness of them. Because most of our food containers are plastics, and it would be hard to stop using them immediately. That’s why I made a decision by using a graphic poster which will be very easy to understand, and it won’t take too much time. As I think about the teenagers, I believe my poster and short video have to be short and directly aim to my goals in order to get their attention. I also use a bright font color to appeal to my audience since the teenagers want something colorful more than black and white poster. I also believe if there are only few images on my poster, that would not be enough to reach my audience. Because they like heavy images and something funny which I think that it wouldn’t match with my genres. The language I use for my genres are persuasive and informative. Because both of my visuals persuade my audience to understand those activists who are trying their best to campaigning people to stop using plastics, or us as less as we could. As aforementioned, my audience likes graphic images and something flashy, so I decided to create both of my genres colorful and flashy to capture my audience attention.

Click here for a video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EKOwHaybOVb4UARFgwDsBmr_gzGlOft2